NEAT TRI FOX INFORMATION FOR
MID OCTOBER 2007
AWARDS, FOX FORUM, DICK HOYT, EVENTS, NOODLEINI, COMPUTRAINERS, FEATURED FOX, NOV 4TH, GEAR PAGE,
Hi everyone, we have a billion bits of info....
1. Please submit any suggestions or nominations for our awards ceremony in December....did a TRI FOX do something out of the ordinary, achieve something, help you, inspire you? Please send to Tom or Alan (email addresses at end of this blast)
2. Forums & Classifieds 101
Want to find out what your fellow Tri Foxes are talking about? Want to find out who's selling their old bike because they got a spiffy new one? Looking for a way to get together a group of people for a Saturday run? Need a way to sell some extra exercise clothes because you bought too many during your last shopping trip? Want to brag about your latest PR and how you beat your best bud? If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions then you need to check out the new forums and classifieds area on the website.
Using the forums and classifieds is very easy. To begin just follow the links from the fox tri club website to check out the latest postings.
On the front page is a link to the forums section. On the news page is a link to the classifieds section. Once at the forums or classifieds click on a message subject to read the message and any or all replies that have been made to the subject. While reading a particular thread you'll be able to reply to the message by clicking on the reply link at the center top or center bottom of each page. You'll need to login before officially submitting your reply. If you don't already have a login id and password you'll need to create one. You can do this by choosing the register link from pretty much any one of the pages. The only information you have to provide to register is your email address. Register, login and then reply to a particular message.
Now that you have added your replies to the messages already out there maybe you want to create a new one. From either the messages or the classifieds area (where you see the list of current subjects) click on the new topic link at the center top or center bottom of the page. Enter whatever information you want and post your message. The message editor is very friendly and allows you to insert images, smileys, tables and much much more so you'll be able to convey whatever you need to in the message or classified.
This completes your forums and classifieds 101 course. We look forward to reading all the great and interesting posts created by you the member.
3. WE NEED FOXO FOTOS OF THE DICK HOYT SPEECH AT KAUKAUNA HIGH SCHOOL...WE NEED THESE FOR OUR DVD...CAN ANYONE HELP?
PLEASE SEND THEM ASAP TO KELLY AT KJANSEN9@NEW.RR.COM
4. EVENTS...if you have any events you think should be included on our TRI FOX calendar, please email them to Rich Szymanski (address on the contact page)
5. NOODLEINI.....Gloria West has made a very generous offer to the club..if you or anyone you know registers for the NOODLEINI 5k and 15k run/walk on November 25th at 8am, Gloria will donate $5.00 for each one, to the club...be sure to write TRI FOX in big letters on the registration. This is a very fun race and the trophys are the coolest...they are noodles!!!! You can get more info on our website or at www.midwestsportsevents.com
Gloria does need our help.. she needs a couple of volunteers for a water stop and a couple to help with food! Come on FOXES....please volunteer!! Great way to raise funds for the club and give back to a neat race!
6. COMPUTRAINERS The computrainer leagues are starting in about a week...more info on our news page on the website or call THE RECYCLIST at 759-1200..form a team or call and be hooked up with another rider...it will be fun and great winter training.
7. FEATURED FOX OF THE WEEK! Every week there is a new TRI FOX (es) on our "Featured" section on our home page...and all past articles are on the archive page...
Read all about Nate and James this week...who will be our star next week? Please remember that our website is ALIVE and changes all the time!
8. NOVEMBER 4TH MEETING..be sure to mark your calendars for out next club meeting on November 4th...Dr. Mike Pierson will talk about using "scientific based" triathlon training......and there will be lots more....details to follow next week........and don't forget our December 2nd end of the year party!
9. GEAR PAGE....we have all sorts of new FOX FASHIONS available on our Gear page...you can call EAGLE GRAPHICS and get any of the items you see on the page in almost any color and they can personalize the clothes for you...they will also "FOX-isize" anything you already own! We'd love to "substitute" a picture of you in our new FOX FASHIONS instead of the "models" on the page....submit your photos to our web dude (he chose the name...we have to have a disclaimer on this one!).
10. OUR OUTFITS....the time is now! ..we have some of our gear left over from our last order and we are not sure when we will order technical clothes again...stop by the Aurora Clinic in Kaukauna or send an email to our clothing co-chairs (on the contact page) to see if we have your size....FOX SOX should be back in stock for our November meeting....THE RECYCLIST also has some clothing for sale....get our jerseys, tri tops, biking shorts, tri shorts, and jackets NOW while we have some in stock....we have NO extra helmets..they are all gone....
Thanks everyone...and as usual, send us any of your thoughts or suggestions and PLEASE log on and use our FOX FORUM and website